Things you should know before you proceed

Hello there :) Meghna here. About me: Age 15. Malaysia. Indian. Grew up in Singapore. Third Culture Kid. Loves: Music. The Wombats. Harry Potter. Dance. Art. Singing though the presence of talents is questionable.Writing.

Monday, September 26, 2011

Chapter 7: A trip into Saleena's head



Out behind the house, I was sprawled on the ground. Ashley appeared in a flash of shimmering green light next to me. “What is wrong honey?” She asked me with concern.
“EVERYTHING!” I yelled. “I can’t do this at all! I don’t even get what I have to do in the first place. ‘Clear your mind’ your sister says, but of what? What do I clear it of?”
Ashley joined me on the ground. “Clear your mind of all emotion and thoughts. If you can’t do that, then calm yourself down. Think happy.” She smiled at me. “Go to your happy place.”
My happy place? My happy place was winning at everything. Being perfect. I wasn’t perfect. I was…less that perfect. Michaela, well, my Mikey was the most perfect anyone could be. She comes first in everything, which was why after our third track and field event in fifth grade, I never joined the same events she did, or the same sports or musical events, nothing that would give her a chance at beating me. And the worst thing was that she doesn’t even like all that attention. I bask in glory and attention, it was so obvious that I was built for the spotlight, but she always wins! I’m sure that she will be perfect for this since she was built for winning!
“You aren’t in your happy place.” Ashley trilled next to me. Gosh, she was getting annoying.
She sat up, hurt showing on her face. “I am not annoying!”
My eyes widened. “But, I didn’t say that out loud!”
She smiled at me, but hurt still showing on her face. “The two of us have the power of telekinesis and telepathy remember”
Oh yeah. I liked the way she said the two of us. Teamwork. “How do I clear my mind again?” I asked her.
Her smile widened, hurt giving way to excitement. “Calm down first.”

No comments:

Post a Comment