Things you should know before you proceed

Hello there :) Meghna here. About me: Age 15. Malaysia. Indian. Grew up in Singapore. Third Culture Kid. Loves: Music. The Wombats. Harry Potter. Dance. Art. Singing though the presence of talents is questionable.Writing.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

An Afternoon in Annapolis

With my iPod Nano blasting "Time is running out" (by Muse)  in my ears, we set off in the 40ºC heat to Annapolis Docks. Annapolis is a a city in Maryland, right next to Washington DC, which made it convenient to visit. During the course of the 40 minute ride, I fell asleep numerous times due to the heat, only to be jolted awake by my younger sister. I couldn't sleep, though it was very tempting; I had to look at the scenery. After we arrived, we walked around a bit, got greeted by tired, panting dogs and got some ICE CREAM :D

Two scoop ice cream cones here are gigantic, double the size of the Baskin Robbins scoops in Malaysia. Chocolate chip cookie dough was simply DELISH. They even had these small lumps of grey stuff, that was sweet and delicious. The only problem was that we went outside of the ice cream shop as soon as we got them, and after a minute of being outside in the sun, they looked like someone had blasted it with a heat ray. An ice cream that is melting needs a strategic method of licking. I knew what to do and successfully managed to finish the gigantic cone. My sister however, did not eat it at all. She would give it a few light licks then watch as it dripped around her wrists, down her arm, off her elbow and onto her converse. It was quite a sticky situation, everyone who passed stared at her and a few even laughed. I'm not sorry to say that I was giggling too.

After the ice-cream, we rushed to the washroom and then we were back in the car on our way back.

'Twas a pretty good trip according to me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment