Things you should know before you proceed

Hello there :) Meghna here. About me: Age 15. Malaysia. Indian. Grew up in Singapore. Third Culture Kid. Loves: Music. The Wombats. Harry Potter. Dance. Art. Singing though the presence of talents is questionable.Writing.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, please fasten your seatbelts. We are now ready for take off!

Okay, maybe I wasn’t ready to go back to India. I didn’t want to leave all my amazing friends in Malaysia. I love them too much! And the worst bit was that I had to leave after Drama. So I missed English AND Science, both of which are pretty fun classes.

Okay, maybe I wasn’t looking forward to spending time in India because there was a low chance of being connected to the internet world. I grew up with internet, I die without internet.

Okay, maybe I didn’t like traveling for long time periods.  I hate super long bus rides and car trips and long airplane trips.

But this time,  I could take my laptop with me so I could watch some movies and shows. Unfortunately, the movie रंग दे बसंती (Rang de Basanti) wouldn't work ! D: So i had to settle for what other movies my sister brought. 

But when I stepped out of the airport and smelt the air, its fragrance of flowers, heard the coolies calling to each other, the malayalam language that sounded so foreign to me in the first five minutes but felt like english after that.
I saw my grandfather waiting for us and the long long drive back to the house, The backwaters we passed and finally my grandmother smiling happily at our arrival. 

I am home.

xoxo
Meggers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment