Things you should know before you proceed

Hello there :) Meghna here. About me: Age 15. Malaysia. Indian. Grew up in Singapore. Third Culture Kid. Loves: Music. The Wombats. Harry Potter. Dance. Art. Singing though the presence of talents is questionable.Writing.

Friday, February 10, 2012

La Science de la Vie

So it's my second consecutive post about science. One thing I've never actually said on my blog but a million times in school is how much I love science. Love cannot express it enough. In french, biology is called La Science de la vie - the science of life. When I read books and lessons on biology (my favourite science though I like all others) it fascinates me. Biology is so poetic. One of the characteristics that define life is Ordered Complexity. It all sounds incredibly poetic. 

What I love about biology is that when I walk outside and see a particular item, I know how it works. The grass and the trees thrive on photosynthesis, people breathing, hearts pounding. Knowing it all makes me feel incredibly alive. Theres more to life than what meets the eye. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING in my world and yours is happening because of technological advancement. Cars, buildings, roads, nature, food, electricity. Everything. That is what I see when I look outside. I know that Man has done a lot of harm to the earth, but I would also like to point out that his achievements are truly great. I'm not saying that I'd do anything for technological advancement; I'm saying that Man is not a curse, he brings good as well. I hope that I ultimately bring good to the world as well. 

Ending this post with a quote.
~ A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in ~
          Greek Proverb

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment