Things you should know before you proceed

Hello there :) Meghna here. About me: Age 15. Malaysia. Indian. Grew up in Singapore. Third Culture Kid. Loves: Music. The Wombats. Harry Potter. Dance. Art. Singing though the presence of talents is questionable.Writing.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

THE FUTURE

The future is a long time away.
Then again it is not.
The sad disadvantage of being a TCT is that you often set your mind on going to a certain place for university, when you might have to go back to your own instead. It is not a rare occurrence for people staying in their own country to want to go to other places as well, but for TCTs, its harder.

The US is where I want to study medicine. If not, Singapore, UK and India is fine but my heart is set on medicine. Unfortunately, medicine takes about 8+ years to study unpaid but after those first years, you do residency and you get paid. Medicine is expensive, no joke. 40,000 is the average PER YEAR. The number makes me shrivel up and die a little inside. My parents also have my sister to take care of, and she is showing interest in medicine as well.

I like planning. It amuses me.
xx
Megs

No comments:

Post a Comment